2019 Southeast Pen Gathering
March 29, 30, 31
Hilton Garden Inn
The event is being held at the Hilton Garden Inn, (706)739-9990 (www.augusta.hgi.com.)
The meeting room will be aproximately 2400 SQ/FT (Double last year's size). We will have a 600 SQ/FT vendor area as well as a 300 SQ/FT area for hands on demonstrations and small group classes. Event registration form and payment gateway will be provided shortly. Information on this page will be updated as we receive it, so check back often for the most up to date additions.
Hands on Instruction
This year we are going to have hands on instruction and "Turn with the PROS" sessions. This is your chance to get individualized/Small group instruction to help you with your turning. Tenative Schedule:
- John David Jones - Label making/casting
- Gisi Segmented Blanks with Jim Goody
- Bespoke/Kitless Pens with Jim Hinze & Brandon Steele
More information coming soon...
We've had an overwhelming response from the vendor community. We will keep this list updated, but as of right now, the following vendors are confirmed:
- Andrew Amtower
- Casters Choice
- Classic Nib
- Cocoon Custom Blanks
- Devine Island Designs
- Diamond Cast
- Jason Rose
- Kens Pens
- Patterson Grant
- Blank Werks
- Ohio Pen Works
- Steve Kondo Segmented Blanks
- T. Shadow & Co.
- Mike Allen Designs
- Two Trails Woodworking
- Turners Warehouse
- Wooden Oddities
- Jonathan Blair
- Bennie Ray Watkins JR & Julee McNeil
Our "pen" star demonstrator line-up includes the following:
- John Walsh - Segmented Spectra Ply pen.
- Jim Hinze / Brandon Steele - Kitless / Bespoke pen.
- Patterson Grant - Setting up a Pressure pot.
- Robert Marquis Sr. - Engraving with a NEJE and 360 Jig.
- Fred Wissen - Casting a using a Gisi mold.
- Tina Wissen - Polymer Clay Blank Making.
- Jim Godoy & Leon Klepin - Custom segmenting blanks.
- Brian Blohm - Flip Cup Casting and CA Finishing